The Benefits of Microgreens
- Extremely nutrient dense - imagine the plant like a glass of orange squash, the bigger the plant grows, the more water you're adding to the concentrated juice - which makes it less "potent" and spreads out the nutrients. Therefore - with microgreens - you can eat less and benefit from a higher intake of nutrients gram for gram.
- Polyphenols - antioxidants are packed into these micro-nutrients, which may improve digestion, brain function, and blood sugar levels, as well as protect against blood clots, heart disease, and certain cancers.
- Anyone can grow them at home - even on a bookshelf or in a cupboard or under the kitchen table - anything is possible!
- Super quick growth time - meaning you can get delicious healthy salad greens like you've never seen before - all in the space of a week or so. If you have space for around 5-14 trays, you could have a full tray of greens to enjoy every day on a rotation by germinating one tray each day.
- Less wasteful - using less water and resources than other types of traditional farming and can be grown perfectly with nothing but fresh clean water.